Wednesday, September 15, 2010

San Diego Comic Con 2010

I grew up in San Diego.  So it has become a tradition, that every summer I would attend the San Diego Comic Con.  I've been going ever since I was a kid and for the past 7 years I have been there as an exhibitor, promoting my creator owned independent comic series: "Alcatraz High", "4 Gun Conclusion" and "Robo Brigade".  This last con, I decided to share my booth with my friends from Hinge Digital.  It was a great time and I was glad to share it with them.  
I had a crappy disposable camera with me and all of my pictures came out super dark, so unfortunately all those pictures that I took with my friends and fans are not viewable.  Luckily, my buddy Arvin Budomo was there to take pictures at the event, so at least there are his pictures that I can post.  I just got the pictures in the mail today, so here they are.  Some, I am seeing for the first time as well.  
This is the calm before the storm, Preview Night.  The booth is all set and we are waiting for the doors to open.
All of the comic goodies are on display.
A picture of me with Bryan Lee O'Malley, the creator of Scott Pilgrim.
LOVE the comic series and the movie!
Thundercats HO!  Right in front of my booth is the Sideshow Collectibles area.  It's always cool to see the new products that they have available for the year.
Starting a commission piece.
Still working on it.
Me and HINGE DIGITAL : Roland Gauthier, Alex Tysowsky and Michael Kuehn.
Working on another commission, this time it was the Blue Spirit from Avatar,  been a LOONG time since I've drawn him so I was glad I was given reference.
Awesome Disney Animator, Glen Keane and me.
Blue Spirit! (commission)
WORLD'S FINEST! (commission)
Aang commission.
Needed to draw some sexiness, so I drew my character Natalia, from 4 GUN CONCLUSION.
Bumblebee.
Alex and me with some ladies promoting Star Trek.
The guys hanging out with Green Hornet model.
HINGE DIGITAL!
Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn
Hi Samantha and friend!
The Avatar crew reunion (not all of us, were there though... some other time.)   In the pic: Hye-Jung Kim, Michael  Chang, Dao Le, Bobby Rubio, Ian Graham,  Johane Matte and (kneeling up front) Bryan Konietzko.
Iron MIZZNEE
War MASHIZNEE (oh, it's getting late...)
HEY NOW!  Me and Emma Frost.
Emma Frost...
No, don't go...
Some dude from Clone Wars...
Another dude from Clone Wars... G.G.G.G-   G-UNIT!
Giancarlo Volpe, director on Avatar and me.
Wassup Chris!
I didn't see this, this was on the disc that Arvin sent.  THANKS ARVIN!
Zatanna and Slave Leia.
The boys from Hinge Digital!
Hanging out with HINGE DIGITAL!
Sweet poster of the ROBO BRIGADE that HINGE DIGITAL made.  They autographed it and let me keep it.  Thanks guys!
VICTORY CHEER at the end of the con!
Survived another comic con, see you guys next year!

So that's pretty much how the CON went down this year.  I'll post the pictures from the Tweet House event later.

No comments:

Post a Comment