Monday, September 20, 2010

50K Pageviews on DA!

Hey guys, so this is a drawing that I did to celebrate my 50K pageviews on Deviant Art:  http://barrypresh.deviantart.com/  It is a drawing to the cheerleaders from my creator owned comic, "Alcatraz High."  The piece also had the main characters, Miguel and Steve, in the background hidden slightly in the shadows.  In the foreground is a "chibi" version of the Football Mech.  He's sporting the number 50 to commemorate this special occassion.

I'm planning on showing a "Work in Progress" of this piece in a later post.  I'll start with the original sketch and talk about the choices I made along the way to this finished piece.  For now, I'll just tell you guys that I did use references for the girls faces and hair styles.  I used pictures of actresses, Jessica Alba, Amber Heard, Blake Lively and Natalie Portman.  I wasn't going for an exact look, just a slight resemblance; a vibe.  So I hope you guys like it and I'll post the WIP sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment