Friday, September 24, 2010

Goodbye Wildstorm

Before Pixar, Nickelodeon and Disney I was at Wildstorm Comics. I had just graduated from Cal Arts and I found out that I was going to be an intern at Wildstorm Comics as a penciller. I had a great time that summer, at the time the studio was still "Homage Studios", so both Wildstorm and Top Cow were in the same building. Jim Lee, Whilce Portacio, Marc Silvestri were in the house along with some new talent like J. Scott Campbell, Billy Tan, Travis Charest, David Finch, Joe Benitez, Mat Broome and several other guys. I still remember the day when Jim brought over the Wildcat's theme music for the animated series...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtSPJZ-qlhA and it was corny back then too. (Sorry Jim). I pencilled a bunch of pin-ups, some trading cards and a Wildcats animated comic. It was alot of fun and I will fondly remember my time at Wildstorm. I was sad to hear that the brand is saying goodbye. http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-publisher-wildstorm-zuda-100921.htm


Here's some of the fun:
Wildcat's pin-up
Wildcat's (animated) cover

This was a pin-up portfolio piece that helped me get my internship gig.  Just thought I would throw it in.


Voodoo Vs. Razor trading card
Rainmaker Vs. Grunge
Swimsuit issue with Spartan and Voodoo


Wildstorm was alot of fun.  Thanks for the Wild ride! 
 (sorry I had to go there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment