Sunday, September 26, 2010

Nightwing Stick Fighting


So the other day I was hanging out talking to this Filipino guy who was a Arnis instructor (Filipino martial arts).  He was telling me all that it has influenced, including Bruce Lee with Dan Inosanto to Manny Pacquiao.  I was like "For real?"  He was adamant, "Next time, look at his footwork.  That's all Filipino martial arts, man, that's how he gets his power behind the punches."

"F@*%ing cool!" is what I thought.

So I went on the internet looking up "Arnis", "Eskrima" and Stick Fighting and I was looking up images and one of the images that popped up was NIGHTWING.  And I was like " Oh $#!t of course, Nightwing has to be trained in Eskrima."  And for those of you who don't know me, Nightwing is my all time favorite character.  So in my MIND, Nightwing was trained and is a master of Filipino Stick Fighting.  I had this image in my head that I just had to draw out.

Scott Morse, a Pixar pal asked "Why aren't you working on your own stuff,  DC ain't paying you for that."  This is true, but I couldn't get this image out of my head.  So here it is.  Nightwing being all bad ass and taking on the gang from Ong Bak.

Alright, on to my own stuff...


I love photoshop.

 So here is my character Jun Santos kicking ass using Eskrima sticks.  Just a side note, in my comic, this will be a dream sequence, because Jun isn't this bad ass... yet.

2 comments: