Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sketchbook for San Diego Comic Con


The San Diego Comic Con is just a few weeks away and here I am scrambling to put together my sketchbook.  I decided to compile some of the fun and cool sketches I've done in the past couple of years in a book.  Inspired by Gainax's Groundwork books, I thought I would just print the linework of these pieces.  Seeing the power in the animator's linework has always been an inspiration to me, so I thought," Hey, why not? "

The title of the book is "Classics", I thought it was fitting due to one of the more popular pieces I did this year was the Hangover and X-Men crossover drawing.  being that "Classic" was one of the catchphrases in the Hangover movie.  Also, it's a total goof on the term "Classics", it seem to befit more refined, more pretentious artwork.  So far, I think the title works...

I was thinking of other titles such as: Assassin's Manual, Hello Kitties!, Throwdown, Classified, Rubicon, Grand Schemes, YESH (Yes and Fresh combined.  I liked, but my wife vetoed!)
Anyways, If you guys come up with something cool, let me know. There is still time... but not much...

Talk to you later!
Bobby

1 comment:

  1. Other titles:

    "From Diego to the Bay"
    "24 pages of Enlightenment"

    ReplyDelete